Saturday, September 20, 2014

Just a thought!

This was a post that I made this morning in a fb group I belong to called GE Ascension.
I thought it was a good blog post as well, since this was a closed group.



I wake up earlier than I 'need' to, almost every day (0600-0700). In this up to 3 hour period of time, I have some quiet bathroom time (even at the age of 6 going on 25, she still needs SOMETHING while I'm droppin' it like it's hot!), coffee and bong rips and internet surfing for things pertaining to our unschooling methods (this morning was tie dying with Sharpies and isopropyl, some mornings it's the neuroscience and neurodevelopment of my child at this age, looking for questions that she wanted answers to that I didn't have at that moment, etc.) Start laundry and clean the kitchen/run dishwasher (if it's a weekend or before 6am), shower in peace for as long as I want. This is my TIME! By 0900 I know that my time is going to be over, any minute. So I start every single day trying to be present, to recharge and just enjoy being alive!
I gotta tell ya, it's starting to become a habit.
Would you call this meditation? I don't know. I"m still waiting for someone to tell me exactly how to do that. (I don't get the whole 'blank mind thing... could be the ADHD)
What I do know is that I'm happier, less snappy, starting to change the dialogue of my inner voice to one of positivity and empowerment rather than self loathing and harsh, biased, criticisms. I'm less judgemental and scathing toward others as well (mostly in my head... I can be a REAL frosty, calculating, cunt in my head).
It's something I had to do.
I wanted my daughter to grow up with a kind inner dialogue, not one where she was constantly chastising and criticizing herself.
The ONLY way to achieve that FOR SURE is to LIVE IT.
So, I'm getting there. Slowly but surely. It's so fucking cliche that it makes me cringe, but the truth in it is undeniable: 'Be the change that you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Ghandi
Happy weekend!
Be gettin' irie!

No comments:

Post a Comment