Monday, December 13, 2010

Things that I'm weird/OCD about

Closets/storage space
I like to have a lot of space to 'put things' but I HATE it when things are too full... means it's time to purge... although I'm not sure how much more stuff I can get rid of!
I like things arranged in the neatest possible manner although not at the expense of buying organizers... I just put things in tubs and stack them or try to get things as out of the way as possible.

Gum Packages
I like the gum to come out of the package in a certain way.  If it is not done in that way then it really pisses me off and I become mildly obsessed with it's being 'wrong'.  It's ruined my day before.  Exception to this is Bella's gum. She gets chicklets and she eats them according to flavour.  They come in those bubble packs. She can do it how she pleases, because it's hers, but if she eats my gum, she takes it out of the right spot.  That's my girl!

Socks
I only like to wear short white socks, like golfers' socks (preferably by Hanes) . If they touch my ankle or come up to high on my heal, they drive me nuts. I prefer no socks (or shoes) but since I live in Canada and that's not an option, then it should be these socks. In cases of extreme cold or going out to play in snow where boots are being worn, then I'll concede to higher socks but as soon as possible, I take them off.
After a pair of socks has been put on and then removed they MUST be laundered. It doesn't matter if I wore them for an hour and have to put on socks again. One pair of socks can only be put on once. A fresh pair EVERY TIME.
The way the socks are put on is also important. Each sock is bunched and stretched out so it fits over the toes with out having to squish them or move them at all. Then the sock is pulled up, releasing new sock as it goes. This gets the sock put on perfectly with no need for messing about with it. Perfect sock application every time.

Bed Making


When you make a bed, there are things that it should not have when completed. Wrinkles ANYWHERE and if you use a top sheet (I do not) there should not be any loose bits showing out from under the top cover (blanket, comforter, duvet or what have you).  Hospital corners are the ONLY acceptable way to apply a top sheet. Pillowcases should be applied in such a manner that the shaking of the pillow to get it into the case, is not required. Bunch it up (see socks above) and then flip it inside out. Grasp the corners of the pillow and turn it right side out again with the pillow inside the case and unbunch it as you pull it up the pillow. Pillowcases that go crazy and end up sideways from 'crazy sleeping' drive me nuts. Also, I hate 'floor bits' in my bed. When I get into bed, I don't want to sleep in grit and crumbs. Makes me crazy (my cousin shared a room with B and I this summer at his family's cottage and he CONSTANTLY had to hear me piss and moan about sand in the bed, he's a trooper), and no one likes a CrAzYmOmMa!

There are sooo many more things, but I suspect I've scared you enough for now.
Time to go and clean some more!
CrAzYmOmMa

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to say you have made me feel much better about my OCD habits which consequently are nothing compared to yours.

    ReplyDelete