Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 4 of Mission Fat Bust!

Thus far today, I've only drank 2 L of water. I'm also down 12 lbs. INSANE!
Last night I had THE WORST migraine I've had for a while. I was trying SO hard not to take pharmaceutical meds, since doing a cleanse is to get rid of toxins, which pharms are FULL of.
I rocked back and forth for an hour at 2, then paced for an hour at 3. Finally took 2 toradol and then threw them up after about 30 min. Threw up for a solid 15 min then went and took 2 more toradol and the last time I looked at the time it was 5 am. YUCKY!
Meanwhile, my body really hurts but I still cleaned the house and opened ALL my windows, went into my back yard and thoroughly enjoyed this downright BALMY weather!

Today's juice is Spring Clean Juice


Spring is starting to sprout with sunny days and warmer temperatures.  Root vegetables and produce like apples and pears are perfect for seasonal eating or juicing.  Celery root has a fresh scent and is rich in electrolytes, potassium, sodium and magnesium making it a perfect choice for before, during or after exercise.  Celery root also contains Vitamin K, important for bones and blood, calcium, iron and protein.

Ingredients:
1 celery root (also called celeriac)
2 small pears
2“ ginger root

Directions:
1.) Wash all produce well.

2.) Cut ginger into a 2” slice.

3.) Cut pears to remove core/seeds.

4.) Cut celery root to fit into juicer chute.

5.) Juice, pour over ice and enjoy!


Substitutions:

Celery Root: Jicama, celery

Ginger: Horseradish, Lemon, lime

Pears: apple


I added a bunch of organic kale and did NOT add any seeds this time. Mostly because I forgot. :(

I feel pretty good and VERY much energetic, despite in a ton of pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment