Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lard Busting, day 3


I'm proud to announce that I drank 4L of infused water yesterday and through the night! I will be drinking the same infusion today because I can get 2 full day's of use out of those ingredients. This morning, only the herbs were starting to look a little waterlogged. Tonight I will be making 'The Granite' (still from the same lot posted all over FB). Recipe is as follows:


The granite : Strawberry/Lime or Raspberry/Lime
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 6 strawberries/Raspberries and one thinly sliced lime + 12 finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.


The juice I made for the day today is called Glowing Green Pepper Carrot Juice.
I added 1 bunch of organic kale (remember to buy organic where you can!) as well as 24 oz of raw whole figs.  I saw these in the shop the other day, all marked down and gave a quick Google to see what figs were 'good' for and whether they could be juiced. Turns out they can be, I just needed to follow them with something really juicy, like a cucumber or green pepper.

Here is what I've learned about figs, and what spurned me on to purchase said reduced fruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment