Friday, April 8, 2011

YouTube - Al Green-Lets Stay Together

YouTube - Al Green-Lets Stay Together

So I'm sitting here at my pc, just 'youtube'ing songs as they pop into my head and I've noticed a pattern with what I've searched so far: NOTHING I've looked up has been written or recorded since about 2005. Why is that? Because they just don't make music like they used to and frankly, musical talent, isn't really required any more. Since the 'dawn' of 'autotune' no one really has to sound like much of anything. You can auto tune farts ffs! Sad, I know. Artists of the last 5 yrs especially, are more a result of clever marketing and good PR and publicists than actual talent.
I could go off on a rant but frankly, I think that the music speaks for itself. Makes me die a little inside every time I hear the shit being played and someone actually thinks its good stuff. No, it's not. It's noise manufactured into music by technology.

That is all I will say on the subject, because once I get truly started, I will never be able to stop and I'm sure you've all got better things to do.

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment